Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What shold I make my daughter do to get rats?

ok I promised my daughter that she can get rats if she get good grades and her grades were 4 a's 2 b's 1 c+ 1 d+


it's all get but the d+


that should i make her do to get rats??


i want her to earn themWhat shold I make my daughter do to get rats?
Hi-


I am 14 and my brother and I wanted pet rats. So we asked our dad and he said bring up the marks to b or up (which was easy because I almost had straight A's). He then told us to go to the spca and volunteer there too look after rats. He made us go almost everyday to show what it would be like to have our own. He also made us ';babysit'; rats for a week. We did that all. But we still need to do chores and we pay for everything except the cage!





good luck to your daughter and if she wants help getting money here are some good tips





-Bake sale


-Wash car


-Voulenteer for money


-Chorse


-Baby sitting


-Pet sitting!!What shold I make my daughter do to get rats?
Hi Tara.


One question-how old is your daughter?


The reason I ask is because though rats are wonderful and very loving pets,I think a lot of people get them on a whim and really don't understand how to properly take care of them.


I've had rats for years and love them to pieces! My daughter is 13 and extremely knowledgeable about rat care.


My suggestion would be to have your daughter do tons of research,ask questions and find anything she can about taking care of rats,such as their diet,choosing a healthy rat to adopt,safe cage and bedding options,health/sickness,overall care.She should print these out and present her findings to you,almost like a research paper.You can grade it-like a teacher,and if she passes,then she gets to adopt.


Afterall,if she wants these pets,she will need to know everything about taking care of them.She will not only prove this to you,but will be a responsible rat owner.
Have you researched them at all? How old is your daughter? Is she responsible? You need to think about all that before just giving them to her as a treat. They're animals, not toys. Anyway, you could have her bring the grade up first? Or have her earn the money and purchase the cage and rats herself.
I would require her to bring that D up and give her some chores to do around the house that will help her learn responsibility.





It sounds like she has had pets in the past that she took care, so your issue isn't the pets per se, but rather that she earn the right to have them.
tell her she will have to pay for the rat and cage and equipment but you pay for the food. tell her you won't do any of the work and she has to do it all unless she is on a trip or something where she can't
I think that you tell her to get the D+ up and once she get it to a C (or above) you should get that rat's for her then.

No comments:

Post a Comment