Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why are My Male rats Fighting? What can I do to stop them?

My male ratties (yogi %26amp; bear) are 5-7 weeks. When I go to bed I can sleep because they fight! Yogi squeaks and Bear wont stop attacking him! They fight every ten minutes and I CAN'T SLEEP!!! Please help! What can I do?!?!?!?!Why are My Male rats Fighting? What can I do to stop them?
If Bear is by far the aggressor (Even to you) you may look into getting him neutered.





Some dominance-fighting (Wrestling around, holding one rat down while the dominant grooms) is normal, and happens all the time. Rats are used to living in groups, and will work out their heirarchy. But, with young males, you almost never see serious fighting. (Biting, etc.)





If you get him neutered, and give him time to heal on his own in a seperate cage, you can work on getting him re-introduced. It is not always a cure-all, but I know several cases in which this has worked. Otherwise, rats, like people, do not always like every individual. If they do not want to be cagemates, you may just have to seperate them, and get them different cagemates. (But with Bear being aggressive in general, I'd see about neutering first.)Why are My Male rats Fighting? What can I do to stop them?
Male rats are very territorial. Most times it is hard to house them together. I would try and seperate them. the one that bites you might get nicer once seperated too. Part of him being mean could be becuase hes on edge from fighting and not sure if your a threat or not. best of luck
to start of with getting 2 male anythings are a bad idea! they fight over there territory and females. you need to separate them asap! eather but a new cage or you will have to give one up. it would be nice but im afraid they wont get along no matter how hard you try.


good luck and i hope things work our for the best!
males are territorial. put a female rat next to them and they'll kill each other.... the obvious solution is to separate them.
Just simply get seperate cages to stop the fighting. They are males and if you leave them one of them is going to end up dieing. Best of luck.
umm...u should put them in diffrent cages..or ask a pet store person..or try taming them
I HATE RATS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment