Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What are some fun things to do with rats?

Like games and stuff.








Ohh and can you buy rats as babies?What are some fun things to do with rats?
:D I have 2 rats, Isabella and Jasmine! Some games she likes to play are when i get alittle piece of food, lettuce, her fav. And I sit on the couch and put her on the other side of the room and she jumps around obsticales. Like, put a pencil in her walkway and if you are afraid of it running out from the obsticales you can put kleenex boxes if you have enough or you can stack some books to make a littler one. I stick my hand out with the lettuce and let Jasmine jump to victory with her little treat, it give her exersize and its a fun thing for both of us!..





Isabella's game is when I lay down on the couch and put a little piece of lettuce on my neck, put her on my stomach, put a blanket over her, and let her run and try to get to the lettuce, (this game isnt as complicated because shes the lazier little baby :] but I love her!)





Hope I helped alittlebit!


-Isabella and Jasmine's mommyWhat are some fun things to do with rats?
To begin with rats are the most awesome of the small pets!!! Rats are pretty smart, but they cannot really learn commands like sit, or paw. I have had rats that I swear knew their names, and the word ';stop';. They are really fun to watch and they should never be a lone rats living on its own unless it hates other rats. The most important step to getting closer to your rat is putting the cage somewhere you are all the time. In the past I have put cages right next to my desktop, but I would not advise that. I have a large one in my room now and I watch them play and fight.





Cool things you can do with your rats are hiding treats for them to find in their cage. Petting them, they love to be scratched on the head and behind the ears. You can play the chase game where you chase them around the cage with your hand and tickle them when you catch them. Some scientist have recorded a sound like laughter coming from rats being tickled. I made a hammock for my rats using an old jean leg. You can always bring them to the yard or the park to go run in the grass, just keep an eye on them and out for them. Rats can get lost or worst eaten.


Rats are fun and each owner and rat are different so what find what fits you and your rats.
Yes you can buy rats as babies (; their called weanling / weaning.


which means they are about 5 weeks. I find it best when their young so they are more social when they grow older.


Usually feeder rats sell them by babies then go by size. tahts where i got my rats. Even some breeders





and some games you can do is make a maze.


you can teach them fetch. Ice fishing, pea fishing.


They can shoulder surf. Swim





Theres alot of things to do their like little dogs.





Go on youtube and search oPuPo He has alot of tricks you can teach your rats.
I actually owned a great deal of these fascinating little creatures as a child. Humorous and somewhat brave for their size, lovable and smart!





My rats enjoyed the tub when it was full of water, providing they were able to get out after their swim. They also enjoyed mazes with a treat at the other end. They enjoyed any kind of challenge, such as a treat at the top of a table. Their favorite treat was meat, but please check into what what meat they should be allowed to eat. This was 30 years ago when I owned them.





They also enjoy a clean newly stocked cage! Once you put in that fresh, clean bedding they will have a ball for a good while. There are lots of new play sets for them these days that they didn't have 30 years ago.





Getting to ride on their masters shoulder was great fun too. Good way to keep unwanted people away from you too =p
Yeah you can buy your rats when they are 5 weeks old =]





Buy em some toys to play with and just have a big play pen of toys..


Also you could try to teach them tricks to stimulate their minds and let em have some fun =]





Orrr you could just pet them and snuggle with them, they love that!
It's great to buy them as babies because watching them grow and bond to you is half the fun!





My rats have all loved to sit on my shoulder and get petting. Also if you give them a little dirt box they will dig in it. It's pretty cute. I had one rat who was ticklish, so we'd have lots of fun playing a game of peek-a-boo where she'd pop up and I'd tickle her and then she'd hide again. Check out this video, it's adorable.
make like a maze or something for it and put cheese at the end of it. Thats always fun. And you can snuggle with it! Just dont sleep with it or you might squish it. Poor thing.
Mazes, bobbing for frozen peas(always fun) save cereal boxes and make a play house... I'll add a link with lots of ideas. Have fun!
BUY A LEASH

No comments:

Post a Comment