Friday, February 12, 2010

Can I give a clump of snow to my rats?

It's my rats first winter and they've never seen snow before. I was wondering if it would be okay to bring in a small clump of snow for them to mess around with. Would that be dangerous? I know bringing the rat outside in the snow completely wouldn't be safe but if I just gave them some in their cage would that be okay? Thanks!Can I give a clump of snow to my rats?
Go for it. Rats are designed to eat and live on anything - think about what city rats eat. yuck.





I bet they'll love it. My rats used to love ice cream, and over-ripe fruit for that matter. They'd get all happy and run around with it and try to find a spot to eat it where no one else could get any.Can I give a clump of snow to my rats?
no, don't snow is full of pollution and can get them sick.also,it could give them a cold.Plus,it would get their bedding wet.


but if you do put it in the bath tub with your rats and let them play.


but make sure that the snow is clean and white.(not yellow,brown,pink ect....)
I don't see why not.


ben o why not, why is it bad for rats to interact with snow?





There is snow on the ground; I have rats in cages indoors. Maybe, I will try it.





Maybe, put rat(s) and snow in the bath tub. That way their cage wont get messed up.
Just a bit in a container they can easily get in and out of easily sounds fine. Check they don't get wet and chilled and their cage doesn't end up wet from melted snow.


Check snow is clean. Avoid yellow snow ! lol
I think it would be safe. A little snow didn't hurt anything. Wild rats and mice live through it. just put it in a little bowl or something so it doesn't make a mess everywhere
i dont think it would be dangerous, just a bit cold for them. put a bit in a tub, and see what they do
I say go for it! Mine Love Ice and snows basically the same thing. Its Frozen water! I would give mine snow but Im in florida so...no snow lol
yes i did it with mine and they were so happy! and if you feed it to them they think its amazing
not a good idea
  • hair pictures
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment