Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a small basement, so i hit one of my cieling boards, and down falls a piece of rat poop do i have rats?

the poop fell on my **** the question is can i get sick from it in any way if i touched it?I have a small basement, so i hit one of my cieling boards, and down falls a piece of rat poop do i have rats?
Wash your hands and you're find.


Eat it and you get sick.I have a small basement, so i hit one of my cieling boards, and down falls a piece of rat poop do i have rats?
I guess you do have rats. Squirrels have similar poop, but the basement ceiling sounds an unlikely place for them. Mice, of course, are much smaller.


If rats in your area are carrying any diseases, it should be in the news. Otherwise, they are just unsanitary pests that can damage your property by chewing holes in it.


You won't get sick from touching rat poop, but it is wise to wash afterwards. It's like any poop, but less gooey than most.


It seems you don't (yet) have rats all over the house. But you should probably do something about this. If you already have a cat, they probably won't go any farther than they already have, because the cat will keep them away from the rooms where it goes. If you don't have a cat, you should try to find out where the rats are entering the house, and close the holes, and set traps for any rats left inside.
A mouse can get through a hole the size of a dime; a rat or squirrel can get through a hole the size of a quarter. I have squirrels who regularly invade my house and two different contractors have told me that they can not figure out how the squirrels get in. GOOD LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment