Sunday, February 7, 2010

What are the best brands for store bought treats for rats?

I'm a vegan so I'll always have fresh fruits and veg for the ratties but I thought the might like a store bought treat once in a while.


(not just the flavoured chew blocks...I've already got enough of those to last two years and I don't even have rats yet! lol)What are the best brands for store bought treats for rats?
I work in a pet store, and to be totally honest.. I don't think there are any. There always tends to be added sugar to them.


Treats in the store are also more expensive than something like oats or puffed rice, which make great treats and you can get larger bags for less money at the supermarket. :] My guys looooove oats. Unbuttered popcorn is also a great treat! They don't know the difference between that and the pet store treats. ;]!What are the best brands for store bought treats for rats?
Best treat my rats love, and I am sure you have it already, is peas. Either fresh or the thawed/frozen kind. My rats love those more than anything I could buy in a pet store. It is natural, healthy and they go nuts for them. No sugar or preservatives added, no colorings, no added flavor, just pure natural, from the earth peas.
mine REALLLY love yougurt drops. Or just plain yogurt as a small treat. I feed mine anything really , from bread, corn, cracked corn, occasionally i'll let them have a few pieces of cat food or dog food. mine also love dried noodles. They will fight over a dried noodle, which is really funny but sad at the same time.
Im not sure if it would be considered a treat, but my rats LOVE the edible logs they sell at pet stores, they can climb in them and chew them.
Raid
  • Fashion Necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment