Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it normal for my rats to hate me?

I bought these two blue rats about a month ago and they're supposed to be very friendly and love humans, but they hate me. I change their food and water daily and I clean their cage weekly. I do everything I'm supposed to do and yet they do everything they can to avoid being touched by me. What am I doing wrong?Is it normal for my rats to hate me?
Your rats don't hate you. They are scared of you. You need to socialize them more. Spend hours with them, playing talking, offering healthy treats like bananas, grapes and such.


Keep working on them, you'll see, they will soon bond to you if you socialize them. Rats are the best pets!Is it normal for my rats to hate me?
one of my rats bit me up...well i have two snakes guess what she never bit my again but my other rat love me shes very smart
This was the very first question I ever posted





I know EXACTLY what you're on about





But I learned, don't worry! They become used to you but it does take a long time for some. Especially with two.





Keep doing what you're doing ! It will work. Don't worry. :)





xx xx xx
Wow that sucks. I've never had that problem with a rat. In fact my two girls will travel from one side of their cage to the other as I walk by for attention. They sit pathetically staring at me waiting for me to come over and play with them.
It's because they are proably not tame.
What I think you have to do is ';Trust Training';.


Basically, get a few spoonfulls of yoghurt, and try to lure them onto your hand. At first, they won't bother, but vanilla yoghurt has a very strong smell, to they'll come over for a few licks and run off. after a few days, they'll come onto your hand. Keep trying until they aren't afraid to came over! I tried this with my ratties and after a week they're willing to sit on my shoulder! Also, here are some links that elaborate on ';Trust Training'; and other things that'll help!





http://www.ratfanclub.org/trust.html


http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/pet_鈥?/a>


http://www.animalnetwork.com/critters/pr鈥?/a>
It's natural for your animals to be afraid of you. It's only been a month, give it time. Trust must be earned. It also depends on the age of the animals. It will take lots of interaction and patience to gain their trust. But the rewards are worth it, so don't give up! Good Luck!





dave%26lt;:3}~...OWNER/ SHAGGYMOUSE YAHOO GROUP
i am a pet lover if your pet hates you there is a problem there. i think you need to give it more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment