Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How much veggies should i give my rats per day?

i probably give them like 6 carrot shavings and like 3 little pieces of lettuce... is that enough or should i give them more? also is it ok for me to give them cucumbers ?How much veggies should i give my rats per day?
You can definitely give your rats more fruits and veggies than that. For my two rats in one day I'll give them a handful of grapes, ~6 baby carrots cut in half, half a banana, half a handful of spinach, etc. (This an entire ';or'; statement; I do not give my rats all of this at once...)





Just use common sense about quantities and moderation. If you give rats too much veggies, their poop will start to get runny. Try to feed them different fruits and veggies for variation. Be careful about oranges as they can be cancerous in male rats.





Check out this site for more info on rat diet: http://ratguide.com/care/nutrition/diet.鈥?/a>





Near the bottom of this site: http://ratfanclub.org/diet.html are a bunch of foods you should avoid giving to your rats.





Hope that helps!How much veggies should i give my rats per day?
Rats can eat just about anything, just be smart with some things in moderation, things like sugar and fats.





Veggies are ok like once a day thing. I think the only thing I heard rats could not eat are sweet potatoes raw, maybe cooked too I forget.





Cucumbers won't hurt the little guys, but I think you get more nutrition outta carrots,lettuce ( not iceburg) and peas
well i give my rats about a quarter of a pack of salad every now and then if we have salad for diner, they do tend to eat more at night time so dont worry if they dont eat all of it before you go to bed, if you dont want to give them salad, depending on how many rats you've got .. ive got 3 so i will give 1 banana to each of them. rats eat anything
http://home.comcast.net/~stormyzplace/ho鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment